This Mother's day why not treat your Mum to this super easy banana bread? Toast it and add jam or have it on it's own this recipe is a real crowd pleaser, and best of all its incredibly easy to make!
- 140g Unsalted butter softened (take it out of the fridge a few hours before hand!)
- 140g Caster sugar
- 140g Self-raising flour
- 2 Large eggs beaten
- 2 very ripe (we are talking black and mushy) bananas
- Topping of choice: Sunflower seeds, pumpkins seeds, dried banana chips, walnuts, choc chips.
- To begin butter a loaf tin and line with baking paper and preheat the oven to 180c
- Beat the softened butter and caster sugar together (it should be pale and fluffy!) then slowly add in the beaten eggs with a tiny bit of the flour to stop any curdling.
- Fold in the remaining flour, bananas and baking powder.
- Pour mixture into prepared tin and sprinkle with topping. Place in the oven and bake for 50 mins, begin to check the cake at around 30/40 mins as baking time can vary.
- Test to see whether the middle is cooked. If the skewer comes out unclean but the top seems done cover in foil and continue to cook to ensure it does not burn.
- Once golden brown and the skewer is removed and is clean allow to cool for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
I love having mine lathered with blackcurrant jam or toasted in the morning with butter! If you feel like you won't finish it whilst its at it's best you can pop it in the freezer and keep it for another time!
Tried out this recipe? Let me know how you got on socials @doodlinglucy5