Ingredients list on the Lazy, Hazy, Daisy Notepad in the shop now!
I won't lie to you all this week, I think I out did myself. This recipe was delicious and SO easy to make (think it took about 20 mins in total!) you could double it up if there is more of you in the house. Drop the bacon to make it vegetarian (make sure the feta is vegetarian though some aren't).
The fritters could easily be adapted, you could add the horse radish and creme fraiche cream from last week that would be delicious too!
Fritters (Serves 2):
- 1/2 Courgette
- Handful of frozen peas defrosted
- Handful of chives (or 2 spring onions) chopped
- 1 sprig of fresh mint (chopped)
- Pinch of paprika
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 50g Plain flour
- Splash of milk (if needed)
- Salt & pepper (to taste)
- 50g Feta
- Olive Oil
To Top (whichever you fancy!):
- 4 Rashers of streaky bacon
- 2 Poached eggs
- Handful of leaves (watercress, rocket, spinach)
- Grate the courgette and leave on a paper towel to drain, (you can squeeze it in the paper towel to hurry the process) in a bowl mash with a potato masher the peas until course.
- Add the courgette to the peas, crumble in the feta, add the chives, mint, paprika, pinch of salt and pepper and flour mix thoroughly.
- Slowly add the beaten egg, if the mixture seems dry add a splash of milk to losen, it should be slightly runny - enough to dollop.
- Heat the olive oil in a non-stick frying pan on a high heat and drop heaped spoonfuls in.
- Fry the fritters on each side for about 2 minutes, you want the outside to be nice and crispy.
- Transfer onto plate and top with whatever you fancy!
- ENJOY THE DELICIOUSNESS